Well friends, the 2016 season has come to an end. We rounded out the season with an intense battle that resulted in a 3rd place finish, moving me up to 4th in points for the final championship standings! That makes me the highest finishing female in K&N Pro Series (East and West) championship history!
I highly recommend you check out the Napa Autoparts 150 race on TV, which will air on NBCSN on Thursday, Oct. 20, at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.
And now for a little reflection:
At the beginning of this season we set out to finish every race, run consistently in the top-5, get some podiums, hopefully get a win, and finish in the top-5 in points standings…over the course of the 14-race season, I earned 2 podiums, 7 top-5 finishes, and 13 top-10 finishes. I think I speak for my entire team when I say that we are extremely proud of what we accomplished! Despite not getting a win, we made it very clear to my competitors and to NASCAR that I am a force.
I, along with my team, grew a tremendous amount this season. We all learned how to elevate our game, put our heads down and persevere, and motivate each other to make the team thrive. It certainly wasn’t easy, but we hit our stride and all wished we had a few more races to prove we could win. I’m really proud and this has been an incredible ride.
2016 wouldn’t have come together without the tremendous support and work from a ton of people and teams, who deserve a round of applause:
– Huge thanks to Bill McAnally Racing, including Bill, my #54 team of Mario, Eric, Jake, Mike, Kevin, Rick, Kim, Germane, and many others.
– Thank you to our partners, Toyota Racing, Curb Records, Napa Filters, and The Movemeant Foundation for having the vision to make the season happen and keep it going.
– I wouldn’t have been able to put all the pieces together and keep them straight without Wilder, Chris, Nate, and Steve at Julia Landauer Racing. Thank you so much for your years of dedication.
– A very warm and appreciative shout out to my parents, Emma, Aidan, and Vince for your constant support, advice, love, and encouragement. To Lyn, Devanshi, Rayna, Emma, Robert, Michele, and David for always being there for me and for giving excellent advice.
– To Simpson Race Products and Butler Built Seats, for supplying me with the gear and equipment I needed to be safe and go fast.
– I’ve had the honor of working and brainstorming with great folks at NASCAR and in the NASCAR Next program to advance my career. I can’t thank you enough for all of the time and tools you have provided.
– THANK YOU to each and every one of you who has supported me, sent me wonderful notes, suggested ideas for improvement, gave me likes on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, voted me Most Popular Driver (keep those votes coming in daily!), and believed in me.
It means so much to have such a great #TeamJulia and I can’t wait to see what we can do next year!